Aug 15, 2016

The Hindu God --- This is heaven --- teaser (9)


Context:  (1) A new morning has arrived, heralding Day Two of the Vampire Festival week(2) Ben (whom we met first in Part I in a chapter titled "A hitchhiker's guide to gay sex") has returned from an "outcall" and is sleeping on John's bed.  (3) Since his failed suicide last week, Alex maintains he has arrived in heaven. He also labors under serious amnesia. (4) Maurice is staying with them, still reconvalescent from the bloody fuck last week that almost cost him his life. 


“Okay,” Alex says and hands me the coffee mug. He sits down on the bed and peers through the window. The Davis Canal runs right by the condo and there’s a water tower on the other side, a tripedal contraption expecting the sun to kiss it back to life each morning.

“Do they have water towers in heaven?” I ask.
“Apparently,” Alex says.
“We’re still in heaven?”
“We’re still in heaven … a bit less though, this tower barely qualifies.”
“You knew about Ben,” I say, “before you…lost your memory.”
“Tell me anything.”




Ben moves in his sleep. Don’t ask how, but his unconscious hand is now in Alex’s lap. “Maurice knows about Ben,” I say. “Every-body knows about Ben, ask Maurice.”
“Ben was … is …”

“No,” I say, “I just met him, you know. Last week. He’s sweet, and shy, and smart.”
“And handsome.”
“And handsome.”
“Let me get this in,” Alex says, “before Georgia legalizes gay mar-riage. How many people do you meet per week?”
“You wouldn’t believe it.”
“I was a paramedic, right? You wouldn’t believe how many people paramedics meet per week, or what they find in their rear parts, per week. Perfectly ordinary people.”
“Before I met you, on Sunday last week, I didn’t meet anybody for four years, practically.”
“And then you met Maurice, practically, and Ben, practically, and Godehart, and Ray. And Alice. Anybody else?”
“I didn’t have sex with Ray. Not last week. Nor Alice.”
“No sweat.”
“I met Ray ten years ago.”
“So it’s Ray, then?”
“Ray is just an acquaintance. I had to take him in to save him from the cops.”

“Perhaps you should tell me a bit about my past. How many peo-ple I met last week.”
“You met two people last week, me, and Amy-Lou,” I say, “Ask Alice.”

He has another look at the water tower.

_______________________________________________________
“This gentleman feels like a Hindu god,” Maurice says, “shall I worship him?”
_______________________________________________________

“Okay, then, this is day four of my life.” He laughs. “You know, heaven is absurd, isn’t it. Being in the presence of God, or being wedded to you, or getting mixed up in this festival. Let’s proceed. Let’s see where this goes.”

He removes Ben’s hand and disappears in the kitchen. He’s wak-ing Maurice. Maurice is much better today, he moves about with reasonable ease and is kindly asked to join us for a powwow. The bedstead is getting crowded. Maurice slides under the blanket and several of Ben’s unconscious limbs. Alex serves more coffee.

“Day Two of the festival,” Alex says.
“This gentleman feels like a Hindu god,” Maurice says, “shall I worship him?”
“You don’t know Ben?”
“So this is Ben?”
“Yes. Unless there are more than one Bens,” Alex replies.
“John has taste,” Maurice says. “Alex, did you taste him already?”
“Day Two,” Alex says.
“He’s a bit on the languid side, your Ben. Is he always like this?”
“He had a rough night.”
“He’s still dressed, perplexingly. Interesting.”
“Not with us,” I say.

“Not with us,” Maurice echoes. “Interesting. Okay, let’s worship a bit.” Maurice takes Ben’s unconscious hand and rubs it ever so gen-tly over the location of his private parts under the blanket.
“Day Two,” Alex says.
“I asked the nurse,” Maurice says. “Four more days. Then I can have sex again.”

Are you still there? Then you'll possibly like the GREEN EYES. The first part is out now, available as Kindle book on Amazon, under this link:


Night Owl Reviews
"click"

Go here for the previous teaser of This is heaven, here for the next, and here for a choice of chapters of the Green Eyes.

No comments: