...THIS IS HEAVEN available for pre-order on Amazon, here...

Aug 1, 2012

Gore Vidal died


"You once met Wystan Hugh Auden, what's you link with Vidal?"
"Well, except that I read lots of his stuff, and that I found he was getting better and better, I wasn't really impressed by his early writing style, but his Memoir is superbly written, except for his stuff, my only link is that Babette, my manager when I ran the Applied Logic Laboratory in Amsterdam (don't ask), that Babette had, prior to working for me, some free-lance arrangement where she would take famous visitors about town, and one of them had been Gore Vidal, and it was a very, very difficult day for her, which you would understand better if you knew Babette better.

And for more of this, visit our outrageous sister site here.

No comments: